Labels

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

NETGEAR ProSafe Dual Band Wireless VPN Firewall reviewed

| Wireless Driver & Software

Wrap Up

The FWAG took me on an roller-coaster ride, since I really wanted to see Atheros come out with kick-ass 11g performance to match their excellent next-generation 11a technology and give Broadcom some serious competition. But when I ran it through my intial tests, the poor performance with Broadcom 11g-based products, the lack of WPA support, and October availability of “Super-G” capability was a real disappointment.

But once I ran my throughput vs. distance tests, my attitude brightened. And when I found the speedy routing performance and decent 2Mbps IPsec tunnel throughput, my attitude adjustment was complete.

The FWAG114 certainly isn’t a perfect product, and NETGEAR’s track record on supporting WPA to date has been very disappointing. But if you want the fastest WLAN in your neighborhood, grab a FWAG114 and WAG511 for your laptop and enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment